- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
Battle of the Employers I… Google vs. Meetup
Scott Heiferman, Meetup CEO, has created an excellent overview of the differences between working at Google and working at Meetup. (my hope is to get with Scott for a video interview soon)
With everyone graduating from college and wishing they could work at Googleplex or GoogleNYC, this is a great idea to help drum up interest for employment at Meetup.
While it's all in good fun, here are some points to note:
- Googlers get a fancy bus, Meetupers get subway (is the metrocard subsidized?)
- Googlers get fancy food by a chef, Meetupers get greasy pizza and uncooked chicken from the food cart (nothing like a slice and a fruit punch)
- The revenue charts for both companies look the same!
- Googlers have to satisfy their advertisers, Meetupers generate revenue from those who love the service
- Al Gore represents' for Google, Meetups got Bill Bradley (former Knicks star!)
- Google gives you free fattening candy, Meetupers can go downstairs to the food cart for a banana for a quarter with a free environmentally-ruining bag
- 10,000 Googlers, 38 Meetupers
Read the entire report on Google Docs. I really like what Meetup is doing and they would be a company I would be interested in working with.