- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
“Our goal is to provide outstanding services for the best possible price.” – bluehost.com
Established by Matt Heaton in 1996, Bluehost provides a choice of web hosting solutions that are suitable for both business and personal use. The company is headquartered in Utah and is responsible for hosting over two million individual domains. The company’s impressive track record and simple yet professional hosting plan is reportedly attracting more than 20,000 new clients each month.
Web Hosting Solutions from Bluehost
Bluehost offers a shared web hosting solution to all customers. Each client domain is situated on its own section of a server that is shared with other client domains. This allows the cost of server maintenance to be shared between users, allowing Bluehost to offer a professional quality web hosting solution to each user for a matter of a few dollars each month.
Features of Bluehost Web Hosting
- $100 free Google AdWords credit
- Unlimited disk storage
- Unlimited domain hosting
- Free domain name for one year
- Support for international domains
- Unlimited support for POP3/POP3 Secure/IMAP and IMAP Secure email
- 3 alternative webmail solutions
- Unlimited accounts for email forwarding
- Unlimited add-on/parked and subdomains
- cPanel Account Control Panel
- FTP access and web file manager
- Multiple technology support including MySQL/CGI/PHP/Ruby/Flash/Shockwave and more
- SimpleScripts 1-click script installs for WordPress, Joomla. Drupal and over 50 more
- SSL Secure Layer and free generated certificate
- Multiple shopping carts including OS Commerce, Agora, Cube Cart and Zen Cart
- Password protected directories
- Multimedia features including real/streaming audio and video support
- Dual quad processor performance servers
- UPS power and diesel generator backup power
- Constant network monitoring
- Courtesy site backups
- Site promotion with search engine submission
Hosting Resource Protection from Bluehost
Historically, shared hosting has enabled millions of users to benefit from world-class hosting solutions without the cost burden of maintaining a dedicated professional server. While this is clearly beneficial, shared hosting is not without its disadvantages. One of the main problems is that a single user uploading a rogue application can cause significant problems for every other user on the server.
Bluehost has developed a proprietary solution to counteract the problems traditionally associated with shared website hosting. This service is provided free to all customers.
Features of Hosting Resource Protection
- The technology protects clients from other clients who may unintentionally or intentionally consume above normal levels of cpu and memory resources
- Offers features that are traditionally associated with VPS or dedicated hosting solution at no additional cost
- Promotes consistent performance for individual domains
- Does not add to client workload since it is 100% automated
Those interested in testing out the service and its many features can visit https://login.bluehost.com/frontend/bluehost/index.html and login to a free and functional demo site.
Types of Hosting Packages
It’s really simple at bluehost.com in that all clients, whether personal or business, have access to the same comprehensive features discussed above.
Professional users can opt for the Pro Package. In addition to the standard features, clients benefit from the following features.
- Faster speeds – domains are hosted on fine tuned PROservers
- Greater power – additional CPU/memory and more resources in general
- Increased security – dedicated IP and SSL, anti-spam protection
- Domain Whois protection included
- Free upgrades
Regardless of whether clients choose the standard or pro package, the monthly subscription is payable annually in advance. Discounts are available if paying upfront for 24 or 36 month subscriptions.
Reseller accounts are available for those who wish to brand Bluehost technologies as their own product. There are three tiers of reseller account available at bluehost.com, all of which feature unlimited accounts and one free domain. The following disk space and bandwidth limitations apply.
- Sky Blue: 100GB disk space/15Mbps bandwidth
- Electric Blue: 250GB disk space/25Mbps bandwidth
- True Blue: 500GB diskspace/35Mbps bandwidth
All reseller accounts are available on monthly payment schedules, although variable discounts are available for those able to pay annually in advance.
What Customer Say About Bluehost
The following testimonial appears on the bluehost.com site.
“I couldn’t be happier with my account at Bluehost. The service is awesome and the price is just right!” – Steve T.
Elsewhere on the web, customer feedback is equally favorable. The general consensus appears to be that Bluehost offers one of the best quality web hosting solutions for their price bracket. Admittedly there are several other web hosting companies that offer comparable services, but the long history of Bluehost makes it a consistently popular choice for individuals and business alike.
Customer support at Bluehost is reportedly excellent.
- Toll free phone support available 24/7 *** 1 (888) 401-4678 ***
- Live chat and email support
- Hold times average less than 30 seconds
- 100% in-house on-site support team
Coupons and Discounts Available
Bluehost offers a respectable solution for its particular price point. Users can often take advantage of a Bluehost discount or coupon code and regular promotional offers make a good deal even better. The various offers can reduce the standard cost of Bluehost web hosting packages by as much as 50%.
What sets them apart
Bluehost considers that their technology infrastructure sets them apart from other comparable companies. They own their own data center with 50,000 square foot of space and provide their quality 10 gigabit nationwide fiber network, UPS power and diesel generators to numerous worldwide locations. They also maintain two additional data centers in secondary locations. In short, this means if customers encounter problems, they can deal with a single point of contact who is committed to finding a solution.
Upon review, Bluehost is an excellent choice for a reliable and professional web hosting solution.