- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
FOOA: Future of Online Advertising Notes: Brent Hill / Kim Malone / Bill Wise
Here are my notes from the balance of the morning presentations from the Future of Online Advertising. I will post my complete commentary plus audio files tonight so please grab the RSS Feed
Bill Wise – Right Media – Online Advertising 101
- Begins by discussing the players: Publishers, Advertisers, Networks (sit btw advertiser and publisher), technology providers.
- Discusses the evolution of the online ad sales model in that it is evolving to an exchange model
- Some takeaways (he had 5 but I could only grab the first 2):Auctions have providen to increase yield for publishers while empowering advertisers, There is a clear convergence between search and display
Kim Malone – Google
- Different pricing models for different needs
- Aligning pricing models and marketing objectivesAwareness = CPMConsideration = CPCAction = CPA
Sorry, I didn't really see a ton of value in this presentation and I will post more about the CPA topic in the next day or two.
Brent Hill – FeedBurner
- Discusses the movement from blogs to commercial publishers to corporate feeds
- RSS allows content to be on the move between publisher and subscriber. From analytics, to promotion to interactivity and monetization.
- Why advertise in feeds?– quality of the content– reach– multiple targeting channels– effectiveness– industry-standard ad serving