- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
Guardian Releases Their Top 100 Web Apps for 2009; One Guess Who Is Listed
The Guardian in the UK is out with their top picks for 2009. Actually they state, "here are our 100 revised best sites to see you through the next couple of years". So I assume that means we have to put up with some of these services for more than the next 12 months? (lol?) So let’s check out their list – click to view the full list.
- Blogging – they like WordPress and Bloglines
- Browsers – they like EVERY browser except IE
- Cartoons – Dilbert is one of their picks
- Create/Collaborate – Zoho and Remember the Milk are two of their selections
- Games – they go with a variety of blogs from the UK – thought this was about web apps?
- Geek Squad – nice to see NY-based Joel on Software get a nod even though he’s a blogger
- Public Services – good roundup – sites I haven’t heard of but will try to review on CN
- Location – dopplr gets a nod – does anyone besides Scoble use this anymore?
- Mapping – there’s a noise pollution map listed – pretty interesting – I can only imagine what my area would get for a score!
- Money sites – all UK based which makes sense – Zopa gets the nod in the social lending space
- Music – last and blip .fm listed but no Pandora
- News – well lookie there, Digg on top – how’d we see that coming? Techmeme listed along with Slashdot
- Offbeat – the lolcats won’t die in the next couple of years apparently – damn.
- Photography – flickr is the best apparently
- Physical from virtual – they love their UK-based Moo – I dislike the moo cards – especially now processing them on CloudContacts
- Social Networking – same ole same ole
They have even dedicated a special section to Twitter tools! It’s an interesting list worth checking out as there are a few new sites on the list.