- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
iPhone 3G Battery Life – Apple’s Ideas
This afternoon, Mr. Steve Rubel posted a link to the iPhone battery maximization page. If you bought a new iPhone 3G yesterday or today, this page is for you! You may want to sit down before you load the page and take a deep breath and make sure you are not holding your new iPhone 3G in your hands.
Here’s the bottom line:
To get the most out of your new iPhone 3G battery, turn it off.
I’ve copied the important pieces of the document below:
- Turn off 3G
- Minimize use of location services
- Fetch new data less frequently
- Turn off push mail
- Auto-check fewer email accounts
- Minimize use of third-party applications
- Turn off Wi-Fi
- Turn off Bluetooth
- Use Airplane Mode in low- or no-coverage areas
- Adjust brightness
- Turn off EQ
Seriously, that’s what Apple recommends that you do to get the maximum battery life. Welcome to the iPhone 3G!