- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
A Small Orange is growing quickly and to date, we have grown our business mostly through word of mouth from happy customers and minimal marketing. We’re looking to bring on a person who can lead our marketing efforts and help A Small Orange grow to the next level through a wide variety of marketing campaigns and strategies.
This position is unique because the hire will be the first (and for the time being, only) marketing-focused employee at the company. The hire will work be responsible for creating, running, and tracking campaigns and their effectiveness and working with the CEO and other managers on product marketing. This position is for someone who is driven and self-motivated and who will take the initiative to learn how to do things they may not know how to do already. With that in mind, the sky is limit for this position in terms of growth and potential. A good fit could grow a lot in this position and as A Small Orange grows.
Like all of A Small Orange’s jobs, this position is full time, allows employees to work from home, and includes a comprehensive benefits package (details below).
– Run and own marketing and related functions for a growing and successful web hosting company.
– Develop, execute, and continue to refine a marketing strategy for A Small Orange and create plans for how to use the company’s marketing resources in both the short term and the long term.
– Develop, manage, and execute online marketing campaigns across a variety of mediums, including search engines (organic and paid), email marketing, banner advertising, retargeting, and more.
– Work to develop and implement a variety of segmentation strategies and help A Small Orange covert and retain new and existing customers.
– Optimize, optimize, and optimize some more everything from banners and website copy to pricing and promotions.
– Work with a wide variety of contractors, agencies, consultants, and other professionals to manage graphic and web design, copy writing, page and site optimization, and more.
– Work with A Small Orange’s Product Manager to create and refine messaging and targeted marketing for products and services.
– Extremely driven and self-motivated. Ability and desire to identify what needs to be done next and then do it with little direction from others.
– Comfortable multi-tasking and working on a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment.
– Constant learner who is willing and able to teach his or herself how to do a variety of marketing tasks. (And not afraid to ask if he/she needs help or more resources.)
– Data-focused and analytical, which means being excited with positive quantitative results and changes in numbers. However, also creative and able to think outside of the box (or spreadsheet).
– Team player who is willing to get down and dirty and perfectly okay with writing copy one day and working with the CEO on the year’s marketing strategy the next.
– Leadership and management experience for when the department of one grows into a department of more than one.
– Experience managing and working with outside partners, consultants, agencies, and more.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus Skills (nice to have, but not required):
– Experience working in web hosting or similar industry
– Network of talented contractors, agencies, and consultants
– Experience with SEO
– Rich experience with paid search engine marketing
– Experience with affiliate marketing
– Web design / graphic design skills
– Basic programming skills
You get all of the touchy feely things like a chance to work with great people, help our customers, and a chance to lead an important division within a growing and successful company. You also get:
– Competitive pay, with bonuses for performance
– Flexible scheduling, including up to 21 days of paid time off and 4 days of paid time for community service
– An extremely comprehensive benefits package that includes fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees and 50% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for dependents and family members
– Company paid long term disability and life insurance
– A 401k and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
– A variety of other perks and benefits, ranging from free web hosting to company parties and events to reimbursement for coworking for those who want to get out of house to work.
This is a full-time position with flexible hours. A Small Orange employees work from home and as such, must have a reliable Internet connection. A Small Orange has an office in the Atlanta area and will have an office in the Raleigh-Durham area by the summer of 2011. Local candidates are of course welcome to work in the office.
Full details for the job and application instructions can be found at