- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
Location: New York
We look for product owners who are entrepreneurial, unstoppable, of high integrity, empathetic, obsess about customers… we want people who start companies. Product owners at Shutterstock can balance both strategy and tactics. You’ll work to improve the user experience for stock image and footage customers all over the world. You’ll review new research, formulate ideas, and execute strategy with a highly skilled development team. You’ll work within an Agile development environment, tackling big problems and breaking them into small, metrics-driven increments that provide immediate value each step of the way. You’ll be an evangelist for your team and your products, and a leader in a growing company.
The product owner will lead the customer experience team and work to improve the user experience on Shutterstock.com by solving problems of search, usability, design, and translation. Additional responsibilities will include:
– Acting as a business owner for all Customer Experience projects.
– Working with department heads to create company-wide goals and objectives.
– Creating the vision for your product.
– Prioritizing a backlog of user stories based on stakeholder metrics.
– Leading sprint planning, maintenance, and choice meetings.
– Performing both qualitative and quantitative analysis of the site and market.
The ideal candidate will also have the following:
– 5+ years of product management experience.
– Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity, and an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
– Strong knowledge of both traditional and Web 2.0 technologies.
– Working knowledge of and/or relevant experience or passion for the photography/stock/design industry.
– Ability to synthesize different points of view and present them as a unified plan.
– Familiarity with the Scrum and Agile development methodologies.
Among other great benefits, Shutterstock offers competitive salaries, health and dental plans, 401k, company equity, daily breakfasts, weekly massages, discounted gym memberships, and most importantly the opportunity to work with a growing team of smart and passionate web enthusiasts.
To apply please send a resume to Marc@shutterstock.com with Product in the subject line.