- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
Senior Software Engineer
Location: San Francisco
What we’re looking for:
– Battle tested experience in designing and shipping products against real-world use cases
– Strong experience with Ruby (MRI, Rubinius, JRuby, your own implementation – whatever), Rack, and Rails
– Experience with multiple databases/systems (Postgres, Redis, HBase, etc)
– Ability to work collaboratively in a pair programming environment
– TDD/BDD development experience
– Algorithm design and analysis
– A degree in Computer Science or related field
– Experience designing service-oriented systems
– Experience with functional programming (preferably Haskell or Clojure)
– Performance tuning + scaling experience
– Asynchronous service implementation in Ruby (EventMachine, etc)
What’s it like to work at OkCupid Labs?
– We’re a small but growing team where your opinion matters and your ideas become brand new companies.
– We work on solving the difficult problems of bringing people together, and we try to solve those problems through design, research, math, data, and running experiments.
– We work hard but also spend time outside of the office having fun. We bring speakers and food in, we send our team out to conferences and events, and we have a kitchen stocked with drinks and food.
– We have an awesome new office based in SoMa (right near South Park), highly accessible by Muni and Caltrain.
– On top of all of that, we have flexible hours, amazing benefits, and equity in the businesses we build.
TO APPLY, please click the below link. It will bring you directly to you the OkCupid labs website. Apply Here