- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
Senior Web Software Engineer
Hello candidate. Let us first introduce ourselves. We are Kareo (www.kareo.com), a small but fast growingsoftware company based in Irvine, which is located in sunny Southern California less than 2 miles from the beach. Our cloud-based software powers thousands of small medical practices in the U.S. We’re leading our industry in the shift from traditional software to cloud computing (a.k.a. Software-as-a-Service) and helping doctors get paid by taking today’s complex healthcare system and making it easy. This allows doctors to spend less time worrying about their business and more time caring for patients and saving lives. Basically, Kareo is at the center of the storm, which is at the center of Obama’s policy agenda. Healthcare. A $2.4 trillion industry, representing 17% of the U.S. GDP. Technology is revolutionizing this industry and Kareo is positioned to carry the torch for the 500,000 physicians who practice in small medical offices and represent thebackbone of the American healthcare system.
That’s the high level. The details go like this… Kareo, originally founded in 2005, doubled customers and revenue in 2010 and we’re on track to double again in 2011! We’ve done this by building a remarkable product that solves real customer problems, acquiring customers through cost-effective online marketingchannels, and showing complete dedication to our customers. Because of our recent growth, we’ve been lucky enough to receive a significant investment of growth capital and that means it’s time to grow our business. Building new revenue-generating features and supporting our growing customer base is going to take a few killer web software engineers. You might call this position a web software engineer, but that doesn’t do it justice. We’re looking for THE web software engineer!
– Joining a growing team of resident web experts building user interfaces that deliver world-class user experiences.
– Working in a fast-paced work environment utilizing the latest Agile methodologies.
– Working with cross-functional teams applying their brain power to solve real-world problems for healthcare providers around the country.
To get you in the door, you should have…
– Experience working in an Agile environment, particularly with Scrum and/or Kanban.
– Strong knowledge of REST, JSON, MVC, and SOAP, the meaning of each acronym, and its significance.
– Strong understanding of C# and the .NET Framework.
– A passion for web technology that borders on fanaticism, i.e. you dream in UTF-8.
– And most importantly, great ideas, a collaborative attitude, and a focus on shipping.
An extra dose of “awesome” if you have…
– A GithHub account or personal engineering blog.
– Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
– Experience working in a load balanced server environment.
– Dangerous SQL skills.
– Superlative TDD/BDD skills.
Kareo Web Software Engineer Homework (Required)
– Visit http://www.hhs.gov. Modify the existing stylesheets (style2009.css and/or home.css) to make the following style changes to the hhs.gov website:
– — Remove the background texture, but leave the background color.
– — In the ‘Secretary’s Key Initiative Sites’ section, change the layout so that the textual description of each initiative appears below its image.
– — In the navigation footer change the unvisited color of the links to #FF7F00, change the visited link color to #1268B1, and set the font size to 12px.
– — Again in the navigation footer, change the font size of the links to 20px when the user hovers their mouse over the link.
– — In the ‘Secretary’s Key Initiative Sites’ section, write a function that will change the background color of every other item to #333333.
– — In the ‘Watch, Listen, Subscribe’ section, write a function that swaps the position of the left and right columns.
– — Write a function that detects when the ‘Search’ button is clicked.
– — Extend the function written in the previous step (c) so that when the button is clicked, the text ‘HIPAA’ is inserted into the textbox. After inserting the text, proceed with the button’s action.
– Write pseudo-code (or actual code) for a function that takes in a string and returns the letter that appears the most in that string.
This dream job is here for the taking but here’s what it’s going to take from you:
– Send us your resume/CV or a link to your LinkedIn (or other online professional) profile.
– Complete the tasks above (this shows us you’re serious).
For confidential consideration, please email your resume AND homework to email@example.com.