- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
Interview With Snooth Founder Philip James (video)
I’ve written about NY-based wine resource Snooth several times before. Today I headed down to the Snooth world headquarters in NYC and met with founder Philip James. Our discussion is captured in a video below.
Some of the important takeaways from the interview include:
- Snooth is aiming to be the IMDB of wine
- They are the largest online wine resource
- They list wine from 35,000 wineries and in 48 countries – you can actually search for a wine in any of these countries and find a local merchant that has the wine you are looking for in-stock
- 1 million searches a month
- Snooth has over 2 million wine reviews
- They are looking at a multi-dimensional revenue model: ads, affiliate sales and data aggregation
- Philip also shared details on their latest release — a mobile app that will be a game changer for wine – you can enter your location and get help with what wine to buy, where to buy it near where you are and if they have it in stock.
Check out the video for more information about Snooth.