- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
nextNY Video: Hiring for Startups – Part 4
Last night the nextNY group held a "tips for startup hiring" event which was attended by about 75 folks. The conversation was lively throughout and I was able to capture nearly the entire 90 minute session on video. Some of the topics covered include:
- general hiring tips
- should you use an attorney?
- how to find an attorney
- how to find the best developer
- what to look for in a developer
- where to find talent
- do referrals work?
- assignment of inventions form – apparently this is critical
- compensation – equity, bonus, etc.
- how to fire team members and partners
- how do you find a partner
- what type of equity arrangements work best for partners
- ways to incorporate – this is actually an excellent discussion in part 1 of the video at about the 8:00 mark – discussion of asset lifetime with Delicious and capital gains treatment
- where to incorporate – delaware is best they say