- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
SXSW Day 1 Recap – the good, the bad, and the WTF is it?
Alright conference go'rs and watch'rs, day 1 of SXSW is complete. Today's report will be short as its a mini-day today. The real action begins on Saturday morning. I thought I would give you a quick pro/con plus a WTF is this giveaway…
One of the best parts about AlwaysOn was their great lcd panels around the conference with live chat, info, etc. SXSW could absolutely use this as well. For example, the session this evening was moved across the center. Me and another dude walked back and forth and back because no one knew it was moved and the staff had no idea either. Yes, it was on the paper in the bag but who reads the paper! Get with the times people and buy 10 lcd panels for $8k and be done with it.
- Lots of staff to help
- Staff is very positive, friendly and fun
- Convention center offers excellent air conditioning
- Nice large bag to carry crap, works as a good grocery bag afterwards
- Sharpie marker is a nice touch
- Names on badges could be bigger
- Long waits for registration
- 100 lbs of crap in the bag :)
- It's already summer in texas
Ok, now who can tell me what this giveaway in the bag is? It is a plastic person with a head that comes off to reveal a jelly-like substance. Maybe I am the lamest person ever, but I have no idea what this is!