- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
Entrepreneur Assist Archive
Entrepreneur.com is announcing this morning the launch of “Entrepreneur Assist” which is a free suite of tools aimed at entrepreneurs and small business owners. It’s a better version of a “My” page as it includes some applications and resources that the standard My page doesn’t.
These tools include the following:
- Document Management System (creating, editing and sharinf documents, spreadsheets & presentations)
- Planning system (Calendar, Task Management, Reminders, Notes etc)
- Bookmarking system (for Entrepreneur site and external)
- Forms & Templates (pre built forms that can help Entrepreneurs in different industries)
- Library with PDF books – actually these are full 200 page books (about 12 in all)
Many of the tools are actually Zoho tools which as Zoho Evangelist Raju Vegesna notes, “it’s an interesting integration between Office 2.0 tools and traditional content providers.”
It’s a good move for Zoho to get their tools in front of a new crowd, though I don’t understand why there is not one Zoho logo anywhere on the site while Visa is plastered all over the place. I hope they pushed for this as it would certainly help them get more visibility outside of the 2.0 crowd.
If the person is already using another My page somewhere else, is it enough to switch? I would say maybe. The Zoho integration certainly helps and the ability to tag and share bookmarks also is a push. The key is if they can get their magazine and Web site visitors to either switch or begin the use of a tool such as this one. Switching costs are high in this space.
Here is an overview video (RSS come on in!):