- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
Kevin Ryan Archive
Tonight at the NY Tech meeting, Kevin Ryan presented the set of companies he manages under the AlleyCorp brand. The companies aren’t investors, instead they come up with the ideas themselves and build the companies from scratched. Kevin received a bonus two minutes — pretty interesting if you ask me. I wonder how many startups would have loved an extra two minutes during their demo?
They have raised $40 million for the six companies but he didn’t provide a breakdown.
Here are the comments that Kevin noted for each of the six companies:
- Silicon Alley Insider – already beating PaidContent in pageviews (here’s their Meetup demo)
- ClusterStock – new site launching soon – looks like this is a stock site that Blodget is editing.
- Gilt Groupe – private auction sales – they sell out daily (here’s their Meetup demo)
- ShopWiki – they have 500k stores where shopping.com has only a few thousand stores
- Panther Express – CDN (content delivery network) which Ryan says powers most of the other presenters of the evening
- Music Nation – talent competitions online in the U.S., U.K and France – they are also signing artists now to the Music Nation label
- 10gen – cloud computing company – Silicon Alley Insider is on the 10gen network
Here’s Kevin Ryan’s presentation of the Alley Corp companies: