- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
Mob4Hire has moved into public beta today. The concept is pretty innovative — bringing together mobile application developers and mobile consumers to test applications in a real-world environment. There are over 350 testers in the system currently from around the world. I only see one active project — they will need to actively market to developers if the system is to work. There will always be an excess of testers (supply) and now they need to create more demand (developers).
Here’s how it works:
- Developers select the handsets and networks they would like to test
- Testers (consumers) register and enter their handset and carrier information
- The developer selects the testers from the pool
- Testers complete the required tests
- Developers receive the feedback and pay the testers
The pricing structure is a bit complicated but it appears to be in the 5-10% range plus PayPal fees. They are offering $200 credit for any developers registering before March 31st.