- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
The Google Analytics blog is reporting that their analytics software, Urchin, has moved the latest version named Urchin Software into public beta. Urchin is similar to Google Analytics but is managed on your servers which is typically needed for companies whose data is behind a firewall or for those companies who want more customization options.
The most direct competition would be analytics products including WebTrends. Other hosted products that area also competitiors include Omniture. Pricing for Urchin Software will be $2995 once out of beta and will be a flat price which is a change from the current pricing for Urchin 5.
The major upgrade list from Urchin 5 include:
- More accurate geo-identification of visitors
- Cross-segmentation options similar to Google Analytics
- E-commerce and campaign tracking included (no longer requiring additional modules)
- Vastly improved embedded scheduler to more easily manage processing and re-processing jobs
- Improved user interface
- More robust log processing engine
As you can see from the screenshot, the interface is the same as Google Analytics: