- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
Technorati Relaunches; I’m Confused w/Video Review
Technorati relaunched the core of their site today with a "focus on bloggers and advertisers," says Michael Arrington of Techcrunch. We’ve already learned over the past couple of months that new CEO Richard Jalichandra cares about all blogs but really cares about his Top 100. Is this relaunch a way to highlight the big blogs in an attempt to drive more advertising? Not sure frankly.
There are some good updates it seems – like moving to show the hot posts around the net, etc. I’ve gone through the service and the only word that comes to mind is: CONFUSION. I even created a video to demonstrate my confusion – it’s below.
- What’s the difference between a blog and a news site?
- Why is does it say "percolating the latest blog posts" but then talks about news stories?
- What is an attention link and how does it differ from a reaction?
- What is a contributing blogger? Is it someone who writes content or someone who works for Technorati?
- Are these top stories or rising? If rising, how does one appear here? Some of the top stories in each category have one link. Are these hand-picked by Technorati or is it algo-based?
- No feeds for the categories?
Can Technorati regain it’s foothold in blog search and ranking? Leave your thoughts in the comments after you watch my confusing video.