- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
Twitter Down Again — 10 Ways To Deal With Twitter’s 12-Hour Outage on Saturday
Update: December 28 2:40 Eastern - apparently Twitter is down now for several hours. Here are our suggestions from earlier this month and they apply now. If you know someone with Twitterdiction, you might want to check in on them to make sure they are making it through ok. The post below refers to the outage on Saturday December 15 but the ideas still apply to the current outage.
Apparently Twitter will have a major outage on Saturday during the light hours from 10am to 10pm. Apparently Twitter doesn’t want to stay up and do maintenance during the dark hours like most apps.
Since I know several people with Twitterdiction including one person who is on Twitter 25 hours a day (cough Jeremiah) and at least one person who uses it for ego-boostin’ (cough Jason) and for all of you who raised your hands on the Twitterdiction, here are 10 ideas for how to use the time effectively — add your own suggestions in the comments!:
- Consider completely unplugging from the ‘Net. If you can’t Twitter, why even be online?
- Go to the Spa for a hand treatment – this will allow you to come back refreshed and ready for more tweets!
- Consider washing the bathroom – probably about time to clean the bowl – you can time bathroom cleanings with Twitter maintenance windows
- Go for a walk without your mobile – since you won’t have Twitter on sms, why even bring the mobile? What else does it really do besides Twitter?
- Upgrade your computer – perfect time to stick in some additional ram or get a sweet 24" LCD to handle even more tweety-goodness!
- Check the batteries in your smoke detectors – again, perfect thing to do in sync with Twitter maintenance windows
- Catch up on geotagging your photos on Flickr
- Write your New Year’s resolutions early and start on them early as well
- Turn your mattress – once again, do it on Twitter maintenance windows – this way you sleep better which will allow for more effective Tweeterin’
- Keep hitting Refresh on Twitter.com and Pray it comes back early!