- WEB STARTUPS
- WEB JOBS
- ALL TOPICS
Yahoo! 2.0 reorganization plans announced
Yahoo! has issued a press release this evening after an internal executive briefing outlining a reorganization plan to create what I am calling Yahoo! 2.0. It is about time. We were already in the 10th round and a TKO was about to be called. But if Rocky could do it, so can Yahoo!.
From the release:
Yahoo!’s strategy is to create unique user experiences and consumer insights by leveraging its unmatched global user participation, connections and data. The new structure is designed to drive this strategy by aligning the organization with four key objectives:
- Expand customer-centric culture and capabilities
- Create leading social media environments
- Lead in next-generation advertising platforms
- Drive organizational effectiveness and scale — Yahoo! will recruit and retain the best industry talent and focus its resources on high-impact, network-wide platforms to help capture the most significant long-term growth opportunities.
From my experience, I am guessing the last objective really means “fire/layoff employees.” At least that is what it means in Corporate America.
Other notes from the release:
- Three operating groups: Advertiser & Publisher Group, Audience Group and Technology Group
- Dan Rosensweig, chief operating officer, has decided to leave Yahoo!, at the end of March
- Susan Decker will lead the Advertiser & Publisher Group